Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's the weekend!

My first weekend in Riga and a chance to explore the Old Town. In the morning I met my new flat mates – 3 Spanish Erasmus students. Seemed very nice.

On Saturday I had a general stroll around the Old Town and visited the Occupation Museum and the War Museum and saw the Old Soviets celebration of end of war at riflemen memorial. They celebrate a day early for some reason.

Some time after I returned my new flat mates went out at for the evening at 1am They returned at 7.30! Spanish people are nocturnal?

On Sunday morning I went to what I thought was a Lutheran Church. However, there seemed to be rather a lot of crossing and sung responses – not very Lutheran at all. It turned out, of course, that I'd gone into one of the few Catholic churches in Riga. Very welcoming though, although they thought I was German :-)

No comments: