Monday, May 11, 2009

Down to work......

My first full day in the office. We started with a meeting to discuss type of projects we could proceed with over the next two weeks with ideas about peer supported lifelong learning – will have planning meeting tomorrow.

I was asked to take part in the weekly e-learning seminar. Atis then said would I mind presenting. Then could it be 45 mins to an hour. The seminar was at 5pm and included Liepaja University by video conference. I began by presenting a Swansea University shield and bottle of Scotch Whisky. Not knocking the shield but the whisky appeared to be the more popular! I talked about our experiences of e-learning/TEL at Swansea and there was a lot of discussion, which finally finished at 7pm.

I strolled into Old Town to get something to eat and hardly anyone there. I was the only person in the restaurant. At least the British larger idiots have gone.

No comments: