Wednesday, May 06, 2009

E-learning by the people, for the people, of the people

Today was the reason I was at the conference, to present as part of the e-learning strand. E-learning was new to the conference this year and had two sessions with eight paper presented. My topic was "E-learning by the people, for the people, of the people" about developing an e-learning community of practice. There was a fair bit of discussion afterwards and I was surprised that by presenting I had become a member of the Baltic and Black Sea Circle Consortium and formally given my membership card.

The musical entertainment in the evening this time was a very good solo violinist. However, after the meal the Estonian group sang some impromptu Estonian folk songs, which sparked off a number of other groups so we had Finish, Latvian, Lithuanian and Hungarian folk singing. No British signing obviously!

I was invited back to the cabin in the woods again. This time we got completely lost heading straight for those boarder guards. Worryingly, I was the only one who had any idea where to go and was thus made the guide!!

No comments: