Friday, May 22, 2009

And so, the end is near..........



My Facebook/Twitter gloating about the great weather in Riga and the rain in Swansea yesterday has come back to haunt me. It's pouring with rain and Riga has gone the kind of grey I thought only Warsaw could achieve. I'm told it will clear up later. Quite how long later will be I'm not really sure.

So, it's may last day at the University and it's a case of cleaning up the model and agreeing the direction to go in next. It's been great working here with different people who work in quite a different way. I've learnt a lot and hopefully we have the makings of a future collaboration. When I arrived in Riga I thought 3 weeks would be a long time but actually I could easily have stayed for twice as long. I've been made to feel very much part of the team here and I've already been exploring other funding options for a return visit :-) There have also been some subtle hints that I could stay and do a PhD here and I can't say I'm not tempted........

No comments: